Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My first featherweight


I have collected sewing machines for years. I love them. But I resisted the featherweights. They were always too expensive and I thought of them as toys. I have the big sister - a black 301 that is gorgeous and sews like a dream. But I got a chance at this machine and now have 2 more coming and maybe more. I am dying to paint a beat up one. My husband is so excited to try it. This little dream is in very very nice shape. I am very happy I got her. She runs quiet and strong. I love Ebay!
I am in the middle of 4 quilts. I started the Double Irish Chain, have a honeymoon quilt for my friend from South Africa, and a college quilt for Ashley and the OC mystery quilt from Quiltville. I turned over my red/yellow Trip and the Carolina Crossroads to the LA. Can't wait to see them. They are going to two nieces in California.
I've had a stiff neck for 3 days and I'm sick of it!!! It does not stop me from sewing.
Hugs to all.

6 comments:

Nann said...

Congratulations on your new acquisition!

Katie said...

Featherweights certainly aren't toys! :-) Your's looks wonderful.

I woke up with a stiff neck today. Ugh. Hope yours goes away soon!

Phyl said...

Congrats on the new baby!!!

They are amazing machines...I wanna get one...or more.

Becky said...

Have you chosen a name for your new baby? Featherweights demand a name. My 1954 FW is called Babe. Have fun! They are great machines.

Jay said...

My Featherweight is Aunt Edna, & she's a real workhorse. I recommend 221parts.com for replacements & all kinds of nifty, fun things for yours. Welcome to the club!
Jay in SoCal

Helen in the UK said...

Your new baby looks beautiful - enjoy :)