Thursday, March 27, 2008

First time blog

I am 63, a hairdresser for 45+ years. A life long sewer and 15 yr machine embroiderer and quilter. My husband and I have been married for 41 years, have 2 children and 3 grand kids, all girls. We are new to camping, this is starting our 3 rd year. We have a 24' Wilderness Scout, that we tow with our Tundra. I am famous in our family, for the words - I don't want no damn camper!!!!!! I didn't until my dil Beth, God love her, made reservations for us in one of those log torture chambers, they call rental cabins. 1/2" mattresses, wood floors that the dogs clicked on all night - and I'm supposed to sleep - it was awful, plus our dogs were not really supposed to be there. How do we camp with our dogs? I woke up the next morning with the answer and began looking for a camper. The first one I saw in person was the one we bought. I really love her and my ever suffering husband Bob does too. I have a small sewing machine I am going to start taking with me. When we retire - or I should say, if, we retire I think it would be cool to get a big camper and just cruise. Of course gas prices have interrupted my dream, but I can still day dream.
I am also famous in my family for my baby quilts and baby samplers. My husbands middle brother lives in California (we are in Ohio - oh right, you know that). His wife was my dearest, most beloved sil, friend, mentor, and we lost her 4 years ago. When Marties youngest daughter had a baby I made her a quilt and she loved it. It was also the first year that this family was not going to get quilts commissioned by Marties mother. She had died the previous year. So, the torch was passed to me. This family has babies every year, plus my friends babies, and some commision baby quilts. I hardly had time to do quilts for me, but....I managed. I will post some pics at another time.
I will write a little bit more each day - now I have to go sew. I am putting together a Trips around the world for Marties eldest daughter. It is going to be so cool.

12 comments:

Khris said...

Awesome to hear about you Judi. Look forward to seeing a pic of the camper....we visited the States for 10 weeks and drove 12,000 miles from west to east coast but in a car not a camper. We loved the country and plan to come back again soon. Maybe we should hire a campervan/RV next time. Hugs Khris in Oz

Andee said...

Welcome to blogland! It is really fun to read about everyone's Orange Crush progress!

“Old World Goodies” said...

Welcome, nice to meet you and a little to read about you ......of course the up dates of the quilting world, too....

Unknown said...

Hi Judi....glad you decided to blog; it is fun and I know since Dec 07, I've spent more time than I should just blog hopping...it is great fun. My hubby, keeps talking about RVing across country when we retire..."IF"! The ladies on this site are very supportive and awesome, but you probably know that already! Looking forward to your pics as I will visit again...visit me sometime at versana-creativedawn.blogspot.com
when you get a chance....happy quilting...
Hugz
Pam

Phyl said...

Woohoo Judi! You did it!

I am adding your link to the groups list of blog links, in case you didn't!

I will be back...HUGS!

Phyl

BarbC said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. You will enjoy it! I look forward to seeing photos of your wonderful creations. Barb C. a.k.a. the Quilting Belle

Anita said...

Welcome Judi. Blogging is addicting. My husband mentions rv'ing every now and then, but I tell him when he finds one that we can put the 14ft quilting machine in it might be doable.
Anita
http://anitas-bedofroses.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

I've just started blogging too (http://scrandasmusings.blogspot.com/) and I have a feeling it could become quite addictive. My husband and I are just starting the search for a motorvan (UK speak) and are off to a sale on Saturday. Happy blogging!

Sandy said...

Welcome Judi, we used to have a camper a VW Kombi - very '70 ish.
Had loads of fun took lots of smaller trips plus grey nomaded in Australia for two years and did not get all the way around.
Life is too shoty not to have fun
Sandy

Julia said...

great to see you blogging Judi
Look forward to more posts.
Julia in Perth

Anonymous said...

well done, I am learning more everyday on my blog.
will add you to my favourite list,heee just learned how to do that.
Christine

SubeeSews said...

Hey Judi...this is Subee in Indiana. I have a new blog too! I added it to the list files and am looking forward to exchanging fabrics with you.